Information For Teachers
The introduction section of each binder, book or download contains:
- Information about current teaching practices including Multiple Intelligence Theory, child-centered teaching, hands-on learning
- Information/forms on how to plan activities to create a well-rounded unit
- Information/forms on administering and using results of authentic assessments including portfolios
- Ideas for getting families involved in your program
- Ideas for setting up your environment
- Ideas for materials to create your own "prop boxes" for each theme
- A list of online resources for expanding knowledge in a variety of areas
Because of all of the great information and ideas presented in each World of Wonder activity binder, these resources can serve as wonderful focusing points for educator study groups. Together your staff can design and implement powerful integrated theme-units designed for the unique needs of each individual classroom. Many schools have organized these groups with support from state or local agencies to earn professional development credits as well.
For Directors and Mentors
- Support planning- each binder includes a planning form that teachers can use to create effective, integrated curriculum plans that also support family involvement
- Support teaching- when observing teachers, mentors can ask for a copy of the activity they intend to conduct and use this to make notes and share tips with teachers.